Thursday, February 4, 2016

Day 52 - Comfortable With His Will?

Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength - # 172 
         
Michael’s book is available through:

Abiding Life Ministries International
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”Why a blog?  So that many can receive these thoughts in an easy manner. 



God’s “will.”  Prayer and the will of God.  Two very important issues in the life of all Christians.  Michael gives us some very definitive truths that we can make use of to relax and enjoy more Life as a Christian.  See if you can “catch” this as you read this Day 52 from MWfHS?



DAY 52

Comfortable With His Will?

And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition, as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words. Therefore do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need, before you ask Him. Pray, then, in this way: Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen. --Matthew 6:7-13



The simple question occurs to us from time to time: If God knows what I need before I ask, and His will is going to be accomplished, then why should I even pray? Well, let us look at the facts. God is very comfortable with His will; it is a perfectly beautiful thing to every child of His. However, the more I focus on things of this earth and not the things of God, the more uncomfortable with His will I become and the more I must attempt to play God, for though I have God, I am living as though I do not. As I look at Him from a self-imposed distance, I become increasingly leery of His plans. What He is doing makes very little sense. In the end, I will come up with all sorts of anxiety-laden proposals for my life. 

The secret is that prayer is not primarily for changing the will of God but to make us comfortable with His will! As we acknowledge His nearness to us, His love, voice, and care will be experienced. Remember, it is unbelief to think we ever have to move into the presence of God, for we constantly live in His presence. However, we sometimes act like children confined to a very small room, and though the Father is near, we stand aloof, facing the corner with our backs to Him. As we experience the character of God in prayer, we can shout, “Thy will be done!” We see there could be nothing better than His will! We want it, we pray for it, we want it for others, and we are comfortable. 

Yellow – Very Important Point      Green – Incredible Truth        
Red – Greatest Promises
Turquoise – Unfathomable Riches           Pink – Priceless Victory



Jesus made it very simple…”Thy will be done.”  Man makes it very complicated.  Because of man’s thinking, man typically does not approach these issues as God wants us to.  Let me give you an example:
     (Michael’s statement) “The secret is that prayer is not primarily for changing the will of God but to make us comfortable with His will.”  THAT is God’s thinking.
     (man’s thinking) “God, I want Your will to be …”

Why can’t we get where Jesus told us to get…”Thy will be done.”  And do everything we can to “acknowledge His nearness to us” and experience “His love, voice, and care”…i.e., His will.  Why do we operate in “unbelief” so much???

Let me summarize this day’s writing for me:
     God is very comfortable with His will.
     The secret is that prayer is not primarily for changing the will of God but to make ME comfortable with His will.
     As I acknowledge His presence to ME, His love, voice, and care will be experienced.
     As I experience the character of God in prayer, I will shout “Thy will be done!”
     I want His will, I pray for His will, I want His will for others…I am comfortable with His will.
     I SEE THERE COULD BE NOTHING BETTER THAN HIS WILL.

Well, amen.



To access ALL past weekly entries to this blog, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www.leemccm.blogspot.com 

NOTICE: another blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com



Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
(twitter) @bleemc67    (email) leemccm@gmail.com
P.O. Box 633244    Nacogdoches, Tx 75963                                   936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment