Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Day 184 - Leverage

Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength - # 151
         
Michael’s book is available through:

Abiding Life Ministries International
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”Why a blog?  So that many can receive the weekly thoughts I express on Michael’s writings in an easy manner. 



The very idea of a “leverage point” is not something many are familiar with.  Life is relatively easy for most of us, no matter where in the world we live.  However, when we read Michael’s writing today, it makes us aware of just how the enemy can easily get us “moved out of Christ.”  Read about “Leverage” and see if you don’t recognize something that has caused you to protect your “self.”



DAY 184

Leverage

 I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me. --John 14:30

Satan is coming, and he has nothing in the Son of God. Satan is constantly looking for a leverage point, something in our flesh--the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the boastful pride of life--with which he can move us closer to his goal. Often in the mountains I find myself wanting to move one of the large rocks off the driveway. I have a pole and a rock, but without a leverage point, usually a large piece of timber positioned under the pole, that rock is going to stay put.

Where we hold our image the enemy will always find a place of leverage. In Jesus there was no such leverage point. We have nothing in which to boast except the Lord. If we have considered ourselves crucified and buried with Christ, there will be no leverage point from which the enemy or his disciples can move us.

After a conference a fellow came up to me to say, “I do not think you are very holy!”
I did not waste time, but replied, “Oh, in my flesh dwells no good thing. Just the other day I was cussing a fellow that pulled in front of me. Can you imagine? I can tell you more if you would like. I promise you, I am worse than you perceive me to be. I have no holiness, and that is why I need His so desperately.” What did the fellow say? What could he say? There was no leverage point. If in pride I had defended myself, the man would have succeeded in moving me out of Christ. What do I have to defend, anyway? God gave me, along with every person, the death sentence.

When your mate accuses you of being stupid, what harm is there in admitting to it? Once you do, the leverage is gone. When the boss accuses you of causing all of the problems, admit that you are a problem. There will be no more leverage. The enemy has a thousand ways of getting you to protect yourself, the same self that was crucified. Tomorrow, at work, at home, on vacation, the ruler of this world is coming for you. He has nothing in you, for it is no longer you. It is Christ in you.

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory



Wow!  How many times have I “defended myself,” and unknowingly allowed someone to move me out of Christ…  But what a marvelous truth: He (the enemy, or someone he uses) has nothing in me, for it is no longer me.  It is Christ in me.  Christ in me can keep anyone or anything from moving me out of Himself.  Hallelujah! 

Isn’t it beautiful to know how easy it is to take away the leverage from the enemy!



To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www.leemccm.blogspot.com 

NOTICE: another blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
(twitter) @bleemc67    (email) leemccm@gmail.com

P. O. Box 633244    Nacogdoches, Tx 75963                                     936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment