Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Day 175 - Justification

Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength - # 152
         
Michael’s book is available through:

Abiding Life Ministries International
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”Why a blog?  So that many can receive the weekly thoughts I express on Michael’s writings in an easy manner. 


In today’s writing, Michael takes us back to “self-justification” and gives us some startling truths that very few have taken the time to see the hole they are digging for themselves!  Or, perhaps have never known these truths.  WOW!  This is some priceless information to know and use for everyday life. 



DAY 175

Justification

Because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight---
Being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus 
For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. --Romans 3:20, 24, and 28

I have heard some wonderful arguments concerning justification of self. Any number of times I have sat listening to eloquent reasoning, and after the person has made his case, he or she asks something like, “Would you put up with that? Can you see how it makes me feel? No one deserves to be treated this way, and what about the children? Should they have to put up with it?” 

Everyone has some form of self-justification, and often people make some very good and strong arguments that would, in fact, justify their actions if they were living under the law. Therein lies the downside. Judging and justifying indicates a willingness to have God judge and justify. Who is that heady? I do not want to be justified; I want to live under grace. I want Christ’s life in me to take the initiative to love and to bless in my daily interactions. I want His grace toward me. I want life. Observe the one justifying himself; is there a lift in his spirit? Do you want to be like that person? Does he exude life? We are not suited for self-justification; it depletes us, empties us, and leaves us under the law. No, thanks!

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory



The truth sets us free, God tells us.  There is some dynamic truth in today’s writing.  Doesn’t the first paragraph just make us stop and think about how easy it is to go into a diatribe that sounds so familiar to his example…all the while not realizing how much we are moving to “self-justification” and opening ourselves to God judging and justifying us…and bringing on a “drop in our spirit.”  Goodness.  I want to be like Michael: “I do not want to be justified; I want to live under grace.”

And it is very important how Michael takes us to know and desire “Christ’s life in me to take the initiative to love and bless in my daily interactions.  I want His grace toward me.  I want life.”  Once we experience a great moment of His Life living through us…we will not want anything else!

Good-by Law!  Hello Grace!  “Jesus, come and be my _______________.”




To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www.leemccm.blogspot.com 

NOTICE: another blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
(twitter) @bleemc67    (email) leemccm@gmail.com

P. O. Box 633244    Nacogdoches, Tx 75963                                       936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment