Thursday, January 1, 2015

Day 239 - Seeing The Lord In Everything!

Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength - # 120
         
Michael’s book is available through:

Abiding Life Ministries International
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”Why a blog?  So that many can receive the weekly thoughts I express on Michael’s writings in an easy manner. 


Every day lots of things happen in our lives…but do they just “happen”?  I suppose many of us just see most of these things differently than Michael tells about in this day’s writing…



DAY 239

Seeing The Lord in Everything!

And he threw stones at David and at all the servants of King David; and all the people and all the mighty men were at his right hand and at his left. And thus Shimei said when he cursed, “Get out, get out, you man of bloodshed, and worthless fellow! The LORD has returned upon you all the bloodshed of the house of Saul, in whose place you have reigned; and the LORD has given the kingdom into the hand of your son Absalom. And behold, you are {taken} in your own evil, for you are a man of bloodshed!” Then Abishai the son of Zeruiah said to the king, “Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? Let me go over now, and cut off his head.” But the king said, “What have I to do with you, O sons of Zeruiah? If he curses, and if the LORD has told him, ‘Curse David,’ then who shall say, ‘Why have you done so?’” Then David said to Abishai and to all his servants, “Behold, my son who came out from me seeks my life; how much more now this Benjamite? Let him alone and let him curse, for the LORD has told him. Perhaps the LORD will look on my affliction and return good to me instead of his cursing this day.” So David and his men went on the way; and Shimei went along on the hillside parallel with him and as he went he cursed, and cast stones and threw dust at him.
--II Samuel 16:6-13


Here was the greatest king in all of Israel allowing an ignorant man, a lesser man, to cast insults and stones upon him. David feared that the man might actually be a messenger of God. In short, David was able to see God in the situation. The true strength, greatness, and faith of David are revealed in this simple situation. Do we see God in every situation? If not, we can begin by taking a trip to the forest, for there we must read from a different book, the book of creation. Examine everything there in detail. Look at how everything is put together perfectly. In this place we may begin to see that our lives are put together perfectly . . . that God only allows, in His love, what is perfect for us. We believers are going to end well; however, in a circumstance today God will reveal the thing that needs dealt with lest it make our lives miserable in the future. David could see God at work in a man that was cursing him. What do the drivers cutting us off in traffic, the mate ignoring us, the impertinent office worker, or the rebellious child reveal in us? Is it God’s not creating but using something in our lives? Can we take a step back and see God?

Let me give you an example. I rented a car and was overcharged $20. How unfair! However, God showed me something. The proof of my faith in His provision does not only come through willingly giving to a stranger, but in unwillingly having money stolen from me. It was God. Do I really believe that He provides my money? Do I believe that He is my security? Do I believe that it is up to me to keep my finances within my control? I stood there and could see that it was not the car rental employee I needed to deal with, it was God, and so rather than wanting to stop the situation, I wanted to yield to it. Another time I took a “romantic” dinner cruise with my wife off the coast of Hawaii. Everyone had assigned seats. We walked to the top deck for a view and returned to find someone sitting in my wife’s seat. We had to sit apart on our romantic cruise. In my spirit I knew it was God. I just thought, “God bless you,” and was able, yet not I, to lay it aside. Make no mistake; it was God. All of you chosen of God must know that nothing is happening in your lives that is an accident. We all want to be like Christ but shy away from the experiences that would reveal Christ in us. Let the people around us throw their stones and curses. We are much better off yielding to it than taking their heads on a platter. 

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory



My, oh my…how often have I “missed God” when I was not aware of this truth.  And even after becoming aware of this truth, how often I do not think of it as I am facing a situation.  Oh, God, give me a constant awareness of You being in every situation in my life!

Ok, here’s my checklist:
1. I want to “train” myself to see God in every situation.
2. I choose to believe that God only allows, in His love, what is perfect for me.
3. I want to see what God is revealing to me that I need to make sure is dealt with before it makes my life miserable in the future.
4. Is there anything in my “belief system” that needs correcting?
5. I choose to believe that nothing happens in my life that is an accident.

Now I am ready to face 2015 with a great perspective about all situations!  Well, amen!  Thank you, Lord!


To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www.leemccm.blogspot.com 

To access another weekly blog on Michael’s book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, go to Getting Out of the Wilderness by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com  


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
leemccm@gmail.com

P. O. Box 633244    Nacogdoches, Tx 75963                                         936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment