Saturday, January 31, 2015

Day 2 - Add a One to All Your Zeros

Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength - # 124
         
Michael’s book is available through:

Abiding Life Ministries International
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”Why a blog?  So that many can receive the weekly thoughts I express on Michael’s writings in an easy manner. 

How many times in life have you had someone say something so simple and seemingly so minuscule…that turned out to be so profound?  Michael shares one of those moments in his life that turned out to be so profound.  Enjoy this one…then make sure the One is in front of all you are counting on!


Day 2

Add a One to All Your Zeros

Jesus said to him, “I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. --John 14:6

While I was in India speaking at a school, one of the dorm parents asked to talk to me. He turned out to be a great blessing to me as he sat sharing about so many things. He had been a Brahman, one of the elite of Hinduism, worshipped as a god. He had always been taught that there were many ways to God, and yet he began to wonder, “Do I have the right way?” It was this questioning and the Holy Spirit that had brought him to Jesus. Once he confessed his faith, he was banned from going to his house, and after sixteen years, his father died without reconciliation. He is now tolerated and allowed to visit his house, so long as he does not stay. He really does not care, for he has found Jesus. The most interesting point he made was about writing on a chalkboard his qualifications for being a Christian. Under talent he put zero. Under ability he put zero. Under intelligence: zero. Under people skills he put zero. In every category, he put a zero. He looked on the board and all he had written was a line of zeros. Then a man said to him, “Let me show you something. All you have are zeros, six to be exact. Now we will add one to all the zeros, the only ONE that matters. We will add Jesus to all your zeros.” The man then put a one at the front of all the zeros and said, “See? When I added the ONE to the front, where Jesus belongs, your zeros have now become one million. Add Jesus to your zeros and your weaknesses become your strength.”


Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory



Beautiful!  Simple, yet so profound!  Just add the One to the front of all I am counting on, and I now have strength in all my weaknesses!  Hallelujah!

Man is so conceited to think he can be “something,” isn’t he?  Ooops, that includes you and me.  Oh, my.  Well, amen.  Now I know better. 

The question always is:  Will I admit I am a zero?

Michael gave me one of these little tidbits one time: My IQ is not much.  I’ve never had it “figured,” but I know it can’t be much.  But God gave me the Mind of Christ when I was Born Again, and now I can draw upon His IQ of one hundred million kazillian.  Pretty good, huh?  Thank you, Lord, for this magnificent gift. 

Oh, yeah…I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me.  Thank you, Lord, for this magnificent gift.

He is the One who at the front makes all my zeros become something.  Amen.



To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www.leemccm.blogspot.com 

NOTICE: a new blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
leemccm@gmail.com

P. O. Box 633244    Nacogdoches, Tx 75963                                      936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment