Friday, January 16, 2015

Day 1 - Abiding Is The Hardest Word

Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength - # 122
         
Michael’s book is available through:

Abiding Life Ministries International
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”Why a blog?  So that many can receive the weekly thoughts I express on Michael’s writings in an easy manner. 


Having preached in different places to folks of a different language with an interpreter translating what I say…I too have encountered what Michael is talking about relative to the translator struggling to come up with a word in the other language to convey what I said in English.  In fact, sometimes they just simply say, “We don’t have a word for the word you used.  Can you say it another way?”  In today’s writing Michael points out the importance of understanding exactly what Jesus was saying when He spoke about Himself BEING the Vine, and then how our “abiding” is so much of our relationship to Him.  May God give you great insights into this teaching.


Day 1
Abide Is The Hardest Word

Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. –John 15:4

Having spoken through hundreds of interpreters in nearly that many languages, I consistently find that the hardest word in the Bible to translate is abiding. Many languages use the word remaining, and yet that does not quite cover this important word, for Jesus did not use an analogy of the vine, saying that He was like a vine; He said that He was the Vine. Every vine preaches and teaches Jesus. Abiding is the culmination of His work and is everything, for in abiding we receive the Everything, Jesus. Is it not amazing that the whole work of Jesus is revealed in this one word? It would also make sense that the enemy would work to obscure the word. Abiding: holding me in Him, His life in me, cleansing, revealing what I am, kept safe from so much disease, a moment-by-moment existence, eternal life. Abiding, abiding, abiding. Wonderful!

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory




Isn’t it amazing that Christianity is so much more than:
·                I am a Christian.
·                I am going to Heaven when I die.

And it is NOT an endeavor to try or work to “be” a Christian, or a better Christian.  

Look carefully at what Michael points out:
1. “Abiding is the culmination of His work and is everything, for in abiding we receive the Everything, Jesus.”
     Culmination: the end or final result of something.  As a Christian I HAVE (not “need to get”) the Everything, Jesus.  All that He is, I have.

2. He is “holding me in Him, His life in me, cleansing, revealing what I am, kept safe from so much disease, a moment-by-moment existence, eternal life.”
     I HAVE and AM all these things.  What an incredible realization expanding my being a Christian (what Christianity is) past the two simple statements I mentioned at the first.

Each and every day, moment-by-moment, I can live all of this with a greater expectation of what God is going to do in and through my life.  Amen!



To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www.leemccm.blogspot.com 


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
leemccm@gmail.com

P. O. Box 633244    Nacogdoches, Tx 75963                                          936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment