Friday, December 19, 2014

Day 5 - A Special Experience

Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength - # 118
         
Michael’s book is available through:

Abiding Life Ministries International
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”Why a blog?  So that many can receive the weekly thoughts I express on Michael’s writings in an easy manner. 


We are one week from celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ in 2014, and there are many particulars His birth involves us in.  Ultimately, for every Believer, He births again IN US.  He is our NEW BIRTH.  Because of His first birth, there was the Cross…and because of the Cross, there can be a New Birth in Believers.  In this day’s writing, Michael speaks to some things that could only be truth because first “the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us.”



Day 5

A Special Experience

And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. --John 1:14

On a particular night a pastor gave me complete freedom to speak, and I will always remember it. The topic I chose was an attribute of God I appreciate so much: faithfulness. We have failed, but He is faithful and does not keep lists of wrongs, is not provoked, and is steadfast when we are faithless. The congregation was receptive, and I believe that God revealed a new aspect of who He is to many. The pastor took the stage and began to pray and weep. As one the group prayed for God to reveal that He is a loving Father. All month I had been practicing allowing my soul to feed on His wisdom, His will, and His peace that are in me. I must admit that my soul was very full. When we began to sing "Hold me now and let your love surround me," I was expecting just that, but love did not merely surround me! My soul was so full of His love that it began to flow out of me to others. I wanted to run and hug everyone, to pray for the sick, and to pray for those in distress, though not me, but Him in me. The overflow of my soul was of Him, and I could see that His love in me wanted to take the form of flesh and blood to minister in a concrete way. I was not just preaching about love but demonstrating it! I could see how the Word became flesh; the soul of Jesus was so completely full of God that a human body could not hold it all, so it spilled out to others. "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us." Jesus can manifest Himself through us, and we receive the awareness that there is nothing that faith in Him cannot do, nothing that Jesus cannot do. I see that I cannot schedule God, but as my soul is fed, I also see how I could pray for healing and another would receive it, for the Spirit is scheduling me. Christ is in us! Christ knows who needs what, and He can move through us to heal or help. On this day I watched God move from head to heart. We are vehicles for the living Word to take form. We are not Jesus, or God, or special, but we have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer we who live but Christ that lives in us (as in Galatians 2:20).

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory


He is faithful!  Amen.  Michael takes us to a realm of glory…God’s glory…that comes when we “work” at allowing our soul to feed on His wisdom, His will, His peace, that is in us.  Then Michael shares how his soul became so full that it overflowed…and THAT overflowing WAS Christ.  And at that moment, CHRIST became flesh to minister through Michael. 

I wonder how many Christians have celebrated for years the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ in the sense of thinking about His being born as a baby in the manger in Bethlehem, and have experienced the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ in the sense of thinking about His being born as a Spirit in their very being…BUT, have not experienced or celebrated His “coming in the flesh” in the sense of overflowing one’s soul and seeing Christ’s love “take the form of flesh and blood to minister in a concrete way”?

I wonder if there would be any shouting, “Glory!  Glory!  Glory to God in the highest…”?


To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www.leemccm.blogspot.com 

Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
leemccm@gmail.com

P. O. Box 633244    Nacogdoches, Tx 75963                                        936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment