Thursday, June 19, 2014

Day 54 - Complete In Him

Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength - # 93
         
Michael’s book is available through:

Abiding Life Ministries International
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”Why a blog?  So that many can receive the weekly thoughts I express on Michael’s writings in an easy manner. 


In what is one of the most simple, yet another most misunderstood or plainly not believed truths of scripture, Michael points out one of the marvelous riches that is the possession of every Believer by virtue of being IN CHRIST.


DAY 54

Complete in Him

But we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block, and to Gentiles foolishness. --I Corinthians 1:23

I rejoice to begin each sermon with this statement, “I have nothing that you need.” It is true! Anyone who has Christ is in need of nothing that I have. Paul says in Colossians 1:28, “And we proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, that we may present every man complete in Christ.” Any person in Christ is complete; if so, then what will I add to that completeness? I might spend some time expounding on what completeness in Him means, but I have nothing to give by way of an addition. The believer is complete.

In advertising I was taught that a hook is necessary in order to make a product appealing, cause it to stand out from others, and even make it an object of lust. Unfortunately, Christianity has become a product with apparently hundreds of brands that compete with one another. Careful listening reveals the hook adopted by proponents of each brand. Some travel around the world placing their feet on the soil they are to pray for, some know Greek, some boast in having received a one-time fix or an incredible experience, and some have even had an exchange. All of the hooks may sound good and have their own certain appeal, but the hooks are also exalted above the person of Christ. Many of these things will be revealed in someone’s completeness in Christ, but they do not make that believer special or more complete. I call it pyramid preaching when someone purports to stand above the crowd to proclaim his Jesus-plus addition, looking down on the lowly masses of believers, encouraging them to become like him, and all the while emphasizing his superiority and their inferiority in the faith. Pyramid preachers exhaust me.

The day you accepted Christ you moved to the top of the pyramid, and no one has something that you need, for you have everything in Him. True faith spends more time advertising Christ than it does the spectacular that comes from Christ. Rejoice in faith, Believer, for you are complete in Christ.


“Complete in Christ.”  How marvelous does that sound?!?  When I was Born Again less than two weeks before my 35th physical birthday, it seems the Lord, for weeks on end, led me to one great promise, one priceless victory after another as to WHO I AM IN CHRIST.  For the first 15 years of my new life I reveled in the unfathomable riches of my new heritage.  Then all of a sudden, God took it to another level: WHO CHRIST IS IN ME !

Completeness.  To realize all that I have and am through Christ is the most faith-building, encouraging, and energizing life-giving power.  The power that is Him living His life through me.  So relaxing, so peaceful, so comfortable.

I don’t understand how any Christian cannot believe this simple truth.

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory



To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www.leemccm.blogspot.com 

Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
leemccm@gmail.com

P. O. Box 633244    Nacogdoches, Tx 75963                                          936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment