Monday, March 31, 2014

Day 24 - Being Nosy

Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength - # 82
         
Michael’s book is available through:

Abiding Life Ministries International
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com


Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”.  Why a blog?  So that multitudes can receive the weekly thoughts I express on Michael’s writings in an easy manner.  In the event you sign up to receive the weekly emails (see info at bottom) and then sometime in the future stop getting the emails, please remember you can go to the BLOGSITE and read each posting each week.  Then let me know (my email address below), and I will work to correct the problem.


When was the last time you were convicted of being “nosy”?  Or, when was the last time you were confronted by someone about being “nosy”…asking them personal questions that were nothing more than being “nosy.”  Well, get ready for an eye opening discourse by Michael in Day 24’s writing from My Weakness for His Strength.

p.s.  Do you own one of Michael’s books, MWfHS?  If not, contact ALMI (see info above) and get you one…you will be blessed!


Day 24

Being Nosy            

Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap; and they have no storeroom nor barn; and {yet} God feeds them; how much more valuable you are than the birds! --Luke 12:24

I had to laugh one day when a brother questioned an elderly prophet of God: “How are you supported?” The old man responded, “Why are you asking? Did God tell you to give me something? If He told you to give me something, even if I am covered in gold and jewels, you had better give it. If He told you not to give me something, and I am in the ditch, naked and starving, do not give. So what did He tell you to do?” At that the man went silent and looked at the ground. The old prophet said, “So you were just being nosy,” and walked off. I have often been asked the same question: “How are you supported?” It should be obvious. Without tricks, gimmicks, endless mailings and appeals, or manipulation to attract them, I am supported by those who have heard from the Lord and responded accordingly. I often answer the question by saying, “I am a bit embarrassed. I have a friend to whom I tell my needs, he has a father that is very rich and has many contacts he can contact, and the money is sent to me.” I can see the look in the questioner’s eyes as he goes from wondering how I could be surviving in such a small ministry to thinking how lucky Mike is to have such a friend. “My Friend,” I continue, “is Jesus. His Father’s children are my supporters.” Many just cannot believe that God provides. Often a couple engaged to be married will tell me they are calling off their wedding because of finances. My response is always the same: “Did God tell you to get married? If He told you to and you do not, you will have worse problems than unemployment!” The lesser gives way to the greater. If God tells a believer to do something, he should do it and not shame himself by being unbelieving, for with the call will come the provision.


How was that?!?  Ha!  My guess is not too many have ever had someone respond to one of their “nosy” questions with an answer like the elderly prophet gave!  But, just as a prophet should, he gave truth to the questioner that met the questioner right where the question came from.

And how wonderful are Michael’s words to us…
1.     Supported by those who hear from the Lord (many cannot believe the Lord speaks to His sheep in such a manner…they say it’s not in the Bible) and respond (give) to ALMI accordingly.
2.    All this without tricks, gimmicks, endless mailings and appeals, or manipulation to attract them…
3.    Many cannot believe that God provides.
4.    A believer should not shame himself by being unbelieving and not acting when God has told him to do something.

Why is it that so many Christians are responding to God’s instructions in an unbelieving way?  Why is it that something as simple as believing God will provide, God will take care of His children, AND God will give an abundance to be able to give to every good work (see 2 Corin. 9:6-8) is NOT believed by so many Christians?

I think God is wondering the same thing without being nosy.


Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory

To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www.leemccm.blogspot.com  

If you desire to get a weekly email of this blog, look to the top right hand side of the web page, enter your email address in the box under “Follow,” then click on SUBMIT.  You will receive a “confirmation email,” and when you click on the link and “confirm,” you will receive all new posts via email.

NOTICE: a new blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
leemccm@gmail.com

P. O. Box 633244    Nacogdoches, Tx 75963                                         936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment