Thursday, March 27, 2014

Day 23 - Being Built

Thoughts on Michael Wells’ teachings in My Weakness for His Strength - # 81
         
Michael’s book is available through:

Abiding Life Ministries International
Littleton, Colorado
(303) 972-0859       www.abidinglife.com

Notice:  this email is part of a BLOG, called Living Life With a Capital “C”.  Why a blog?  So that multitudes can receive the weekly thoughts I express on Michael’s writings in an easy manner.  In the event you sign up to receive the weekly emails (see info at bottom) and then sometime in the future stop getting the emails, please remember you can go to the BLOGSITE and read each posting each week.  Then let me know (my email address below), and I will work to correct the problem.


One of the most exciting truths for Christians, as individuals, is to know that our Lord Jesus Christ not only BEGAN a good work in us the day we were Born Again, but that He is CONTINUING that good work in us until the day He calls us home!

One of the things I thank God the most for in His introducing me to Michael Wells is that Michael got me off the treadmill of “me working for God” and introducing me to the scriptural truths of just how much God is doing a work in me…how much God is doing for me.  In this day’s writing, Michael points out two dynamic truths that really set us free to enjoy His working in us.


Day 23 

Being Built

Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. --Philippians 1:6

I have worked in the building trade, and one of the most annoying things that can happen to a builder is to have the homeowner continually telling him how to do his job. I overheard a friend say to a questioning believer, “Do you really think God is waiting for you to come around and give Him some advice, because He is fresh out of ideas?” I laughed, thinking of all the advice that I have given God concerning the completion of the work He started in me. My personal issue is not what God needs to do to complete what He has begun, but what has He given me to do in the interim? What must I do? Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29). Many respond, “I cannot just wait.” I like hearing those words, “I cannot”; they confirm the foundational reason that we came to Christ. “I cannot” is only a statement of defeat if not followed by “He can!” Not only that, He can finish the work without our direction.   

Yellow – VIP, Very Important Point      Green – IT, Incredible Truth        
Red – GP, Greatest Promises
Turquoise – UR, Unfathomable Riches           Pink – PV, Priceless Victory


The two dynamic truths I noted earlier are these:
1)    My work is to BELIEVE.
2)   God’s work is to COMPLETE THE WORK IN ME HE HAS STARTED.

Now how easier can this life as a Christian be?!?  Gee, I get so tired of working with defeated Christians who are constantly beating themselves up over their failure to “be a good Christian.”  When will they ever listen to God’s Word and experience being a “victor”?

We’re in the middle of March Madness here in America…college basketball’s annual Trip To The Final Four.  I come from an athletic background…dad was a coach, I was a competitive athlete.  I liken the struggle so many Christians are fighting to something like this:  the game is over, the scoreboard says we won, the coach is telling us what a great victory it is, and even though the opposition fought strong against us and we may not have thought we had a chance, we just simply have to believe that we won…and my teammates won’t get on the bus, but instead are back on the court lining up for overtime!  What players are not going to celebrate, but resign themselves to an overtime struggle WHEN THE GAME IS ALREADY WON?!?

Now the game of life is not already over, BUT we already know the ending score!  Let us relax and enjoy the rest of the game knowing our “coach” is working in us to bring the ultimate victory, so our “play” along the way is satisfactory!

Let us BELIEVE God is working out all the “sin” in us, bringing us to that victorious life as a Christian we want.  Let us BELIEVE GOD IS ABLE to do that!  Let us SHOUT out to the Lord, “I cannot!”  He is waiting for that proclamation.  And then, and only then, will we relinquish the reins and cease the struggle…and see God do His work.

Let’s quit nitpicking every “sin” and thinking we are “sinners,” when the scriptures tells us explicitly we are Saints.  Well, amen!


To access ALL past weekly blogs, go to Living Life With a Capital “C” by logging onto www.leemccm.blogspot.com 

If you desire to get a weekly email of this blog, look to the top right hand side of the web page, enter your email address in the box under “Follow,” then click on SUBMIT.  You will receive a “confirmation email,” and when you click on the link and “confirm,” you will receive all new posts via email.

NOTICE: a new blog on Michael Wells’ book, Sidetracked In The Wilderness, called Getting Out of the Wilderness.  You can access by logging onto www.leemcchristianministries.blogspot.com


Lee McDowell Christian Ministries
leemccm@gmail.com

P. O. Box 633244    Nacogdoches, Tx 75963                                         936-559-5696

No comments:

Post a Comment